Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day Ten

News flash!  For the first time during the entire cleanse, I am nearly sugar-craving free!  I was sincerely beginning to think that the sugar cravings would hold on strong right until the bitter end.  Since they have faded, perhaps I'm not as addicted as I was beginning to believe. Yipee!

In the past week, I have noticed foods that once tasted rather boring, have became satisfyingly sweet to me.  Last night the hubby and I went to go see a movie.  We snuck in our own private stash of coconut water and popcorn.  I had previously found this particular sugar-free brand of coconut water "ho-hum," but was pleasantly surprised to find my taste buds dancing with joy.

Although I doubt I could ever completely quit sugar for good, I think this cleanse has helped me to see new ways in which I can cut back on sugar and enjoy sugar-free foods as much as I would have enjoyed their tooth rotting, diabetes inducing (okay, I'll stop there) comparatives.    Although I had posted earlier that I was going to try to not use stevia for the rest of the cleanse, I cracked last night and put some on our popcorn.  Stevia has a bad reputation for being bitter, but during this program, I've been delighted to discover new ways to use stevia (smoothies, popcorn, etc), and have not been confronted with the feared bitter-tinge.  Score!

Tomorrow I'm going to start thinking about my transition back to "normal" and what I've discovered on this journey.   The first thing that comes to mind, I WANT PEROGIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment