Friday, June 22, 2012

Day Six

I've reached the halfway point! I'm excited that I'm through half of the cleanse, but not too excited that I have another six days until I'm done.  I celebrated this morning by making a big old batch of pumpkin pie oatmeal!

I learnt today that eating out when you're vegan, AND on the Wild Rose D-Tox, isn't the easiest.  After hemming and haaaing, and moaning about what I wanted to eat (okay, maybe I'm feeling a bit on the pathetic side today), I decided to go out to the Naam.  I'm so thankful to live in Vancouver where there are so many wonderful vegetarian and vegan-friendly restaurants.  I really enjoyed not having to plan and prepare lunch.  It was like a little vacation from my cleanse, without having to cheat!

Aside from the sugar cravings today, there have been many hours where I've actually "forgotten" that I'm doing a cleanse, as I am having very few effects.  Obviously I don't mind not having negative side-effects, but it would be nice to see some positive effects in the second half of the cleanse. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment