Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day One

Today marks day one of this journey.   Started off the morning with oatmeal and my first round of supplements.  Yes- the drops are gross.  I've seen other people suggest mixing them in juice or water (neither of which I've tried), but I've found just as easy to hold your nose and squirt the drops as far back as you can to avoid tasting them.  Taking the pills is no different than taking vitamins.  So far, so good!

I can't really say I felt any effects today.  I went to Bikram yoga (fearing that I may not feel up to it for the duration of the cleanse), and felt more light-headed than usual, but otherwise was fine.   For dinner I made a tofu stir-fry with brown rice, with enough to give me three lunches for the up coming week.  I may be naive in my thinking, but the food restrictions really aren't that bad.  Many of the allowable/recommended foods I already eat (and enjoy).  Feeling optimistic about the rest of the cleanse, but I'm wondering when the side effects will hit!



No comments:

Post a Comment