Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day Eight

As today was a bright, beautiful, warm day, I got outside to play basketball for a short while.  Before I started this cleanse I was curious to see if my energy would be affected to the point of not wanting to be active.  As I bike to work everyday (a short ride), I was worried this may become an issue.  Aside from those first few days where I was more tired than normal, it has not been.   Although we were mostly just goofing off shooting hoops, I didn't feel at all hindered by the Wild Rose D-tox.

In other news, sugar cravings were bad today.  The worst they've been on this journey.  Others living in my home are sugar fiends and it seems they went on a sugar binge at the same time the cravings have kicked in.  I've still been using cut up apple and almond butter as a go to, which still pretty well wipes out the craving.  A friend (who has done the cleanse many a time), also recommended that I up my protein intake.  As a vegan I am generally pretty aware of what I consume, but will try to eat some extra chickpeas and brown rice (legumes and grains make complete proteins) over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment