Friday, June 15, 2012

Preparation and Purpose

After many months of contemplation (and several times of chickening out!), I've finally decided to give the Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox 12 day program a try. For those of you unfamiliar with Wild Rose, here is a link to their website: http://wildroseproducts.com/en-CA


Where did I buy the cleanse?
  • I purchased mine at Choices in Vancouver, BC for $33.99 CAD. I have also seen the cleanse at Save-on Foods and Finlandia (Pharmacy).                                                                                          
Why did I want to do the program?

  • Firstly, I like to try new things. As a trying-to-be-health-conscious person and "alternative-health" curio, I wanted to see how the cleanse would impact me. I figured, I've done my research, the herbs are safe for me to take, and I don't have any health concerns that may have a negative interaction, what's the risk? Yes, I may struggle through it, but it can only help me be the best I can be. 
  • Secondly, although I eat a vegan diet (no animal products) and do not drink coffee regularly, sugar is my vice. I wanted to see if completing the program could help me curb my sugar cravings.
  • Thirdly, although I had near-perfectly clear skin throughout my adolescence, some wacky early 20's acne has developed without any link-able cause aside from stress. Wild Rose, please help me solve this mystery and banish these blemishes! 
  • Lastly, and admittedly, although this program is not intended for weight-loss, I wanted to see if following the cleanse would affect my weight. I am not overweight, but have been carrying a stubborn 10 pounds that I wouldn't mind if it found a home elsewhere. While I am not expecting the cleanse to drastically change my body, I am hoping that at the very least, it will set me on a path to cleaner, leaner eating habits (aka my second point).

As I researched the cleanse online, I was hoping that many people would have shared their experience on the cleanse, but only came across a few blogs. With this blog I hope to add my voice to the conversation, and perhaps debrief as I go through this process. For now, I wish to merely provide a day by day account of my experience.

To save time for those looking for various articles and blog posts, here's a list of some of the blogs I read while preparing for this cleanse:

No comments:

Post a Comment