Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day Five

Day five...already?

For breakfast, oatmeal again. Thankfully this was my go-to breakfast before the D-tox and has provided some continuity for me as I continue on this journey.   I've seemingly mastered the art of taking the drops with just barely tasting them. Why couldn't I have figured this out on day one.

As for side effects, I've begun to notice a slight effect of the laxative pills in the mornings.  It's very mild and only seems to effect me first thing in the morning.  I'm pretty tired and going to head to bed early. End of the day (and my work week), or cleansing side effects?

Sugar cravings hit hard after dinner.  I decided to make some cinnamon-bun popcorn, sweetened with just a touch of Stevia extract.  I'm not entirely sure if Stevia is technically allowed, as it is not "on the list of allowable foods," but it is a natural product, and I've only used it in small amounts. Disguised in foods, it tricks my taste buds into think they've hit a sugar gold mind without affecting my blood sugar.  In effort to be a purist- I may try and avoiding using Stevia for the rest of the cleanse.

No comments:

Post a Comment