Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day Seven

Day seven...beginning to feel the end approaching.  I'm no longer seeing the light in this tunnel disappearing behind me, I'm heading right for it in front of me.

Seeing as I reached the halfway point yesterday, I decided to try on a couple of dresses to see if there had been any changes in my body.  I don't currently own a scale, so clothing is the next best form of measurement.  I started first with a dress I wore at the end of high school. A silky fabric, t-shirt dress that has recently clung in the wrong areas, and has been generally not fit to wear in public.  As I slid it on,  it slid right over my hips with ease, and didn't bunch and pull once in place.  SUCCESS! While not fitting exactly as it had in years long forgotten (I have pictures to compare), it was wearable- with a little confidence.

Dress #2 is something I've been pathetically hoping I could wear to a formal event I'm attending shortly after the cleanse is complete. I had tried it on about a month before I started the d-tox program, and was not impressed with the uncomfortable woman staring back at me in the mirror.  I have lots of other options, I've just barely worn the aforementioned dress and can be rather stubborn once I set my mind to something.  After the success of dress #1, I held my breathe and wiggled into the narrow, constricting, claustrophobic corset bodice and thigh squishing skirt (believe it or not, I actually love this dress).  Once I had it on, I realized I had managed to put the dress on all by myself. In my books, this was quite the feat, it's always taken at least one more set of hands to do the zipper up.   I didn't need to look in the mirror to know that it no longer looked like I was getting ready to go fly-fishing (aka carrying an inner tube of sequined turquoise fabric around my hips).  It lay flat, and aside from a few telling lines where the dress is a tad snug, it fit as well as the day I bought it over three years ago.

I'm really excited about these changes, and the fact that they've come with so few side effects.  While I realize any change in body that is occurring during the cleanse may revert once I assume some of my old food habits, I'm happy with what I'm seeing right now.  That is a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment